The United Kingdom is the world’s market leader in the field of offshore wind energy since 2008. With an installed capacity of 7,899 MW 1) (more than the rest of the world together) and an expected increase of at least 30 GW until 2030, the UK is the right place for companies and organisations involved in the offshore wind energy business to come together.
The abovementioned developments make the offshore wind energy in the UK in the upcoming years one of the fastest growing sectors which, despite the uncertainties caused by Brexit, goes hand in hand with growing opportunities for Dutch suppliers of products and services in the field of offshore wind. The increasing local content requirements in the UK, however, make it necessary for Dutch companies to be well-prepared for activities in the UK.
For this reason, the Netherlands British Chamber of Commerce (NBCC) organises a market orientation/fact finding mission to the United Kingdom for Dutch suppliers to the offshore wind sector, in cooperation with sector trade associations IRO and Holland Home of Wind Energy. The mission is a follow-up to the successful annual trade missions/exhibition visits to the United Kingdom that the NBCC has offered from 2011 onwards.
The objective of the mission is to introduce Dutch companies liaison with energy companies, project developers, contractors and suppliers involved in the development and realization of British offshore wind farms operating in the UK. This will be done by means of individual as well as collective matchmaking.
Over the past years, meetings with leading parties such as Orsted, Mainstream Renewables, Vattenfall, RWE, KBR Power, Babcock, Eneco and EDF have been arranged as a part of the offshore wind mission to the UK. Here you can find an overview of the most important stakeholders in the UK in the field of offshore wind.
Format mission/match making
Based on the positive experiences throughout the years, the following format will be applied for the trade mission matchmaking:
- Plenary presentations of British companies during which they present themselves to the Dutch mission participants;
- Elevator pitches from Dutch companies;
- Q & A and making individual arrangements for possible follow-up meetings.
1): Figures as per mid-2018
The mission will coincide with RenewableUK’s prestigious wind energy conference Global Offshore Wind 2019, the biggest event in the UK in the field of offshore wind energy that will take place in Excel, London, on 25 and 26 June. A visit to the trade exhibition which is part of Global Offshore Wind 2019, where suppliers to the offshore wind sector present themselves, is also part of the programme.
Why you should take part in this mission:
- You will receive a complete update on the developments in the British offshore wind industry;
- You will gain an insight into the most important players in the market for the upcoming years and you will be introduced to several of these parties;
- You will spend two days intensively with Dutch industry partners, so you will have an excellent opportunity not only to get to know British parties, but also to extend your Dutch network within the sector;
- Your company/expertise will be introduced to a large number of British players in the offshore wind sector in the run-up to the mission;
- All of the contacts made by the NBCC for this mission will be shared with you so that you can also give a follow-up to this yourself.
The mission will take place on 24-26 June 2019.
Draft programme (subject to change)
Afternoon: flight from Amsterdam to London, check in at the hotel
Welcome dinner with delegation/guest speaker, overnight stay in London
Visit Global Offshore Wind 2019
Update market developments UK Offshore Wind
b-to-b match making meetings with British market parties
Exhibition visit and participation in networking events
Networking dinner, overnight stay in London
Follow-up visit Global Offshore Wind 2019
b-to-b match making meetings with British market parties
Afternoon/evening: return flight to Amsterdam
End of mission
The participation fee for the mission is € 1.980, - excl. BTW (applicable to members of the NBCC, IRO, HHWE, NWEA and NMT, non-members pay € 2.200, - excl. BTW). For 2nd and further delegates of the same company the participation fee is € 1.650, - excl. BTW.
The participation fee includes the following:
- Intake and organisation of the entire visit programme
- 2 nights hotel (incl. breakfast)
- Entrance to Global Offshore Wind 2019 for two days (including exhibition visit, not including conference programme)
- Local transport (including transfers from and to airport)
- 2 x dinner and 2 x lunch
- Listing of your company profile in the participants’ booklet that will be sent to all of the British contacts in the offshore wind industry before and during the mission
- Guidance by NBCC staff during the mission
Airline tickets are not included. See below for more information.
Attention: Subsidy opportunity!
Of the participation fee of € 1.980,-, € 650,- is reserved for accommodation and € 1330,- is allocated for the organisation/guidance of the mission programme. By using a mission voucher of the RVO (Netherlands Enterprise Agency), a subsidy of max. € 665,- may be available. You can find more information on the participation conditions and request a mission voucher here.
Participants need to book their own airline tickets for this mission. The NBCC will inform the participants on the expected travel schedule and recommend a flight with seamless connections to the programme.
You can register for the mission by returning the completed registration form to the NBCC. Upon receipt of the application we will contact you for the intake process.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel: +31(0)70-205 5656